We visited Cleveland Clinic (in Cleveland, Ohio) this past week. It's number 6 in the U.S. for neurosurgery. We met with the chief of neurosurgery there, who gave me about the same information that I received at Mayo Clinic. His techniques are different, (etc), so we are going to speak with our local neurosurgeon on Wednesday, and present him with both doctors plans of attack and see if he has any adivce on which Clinic to go with. We are also scheduling another MRI, to see what is happening with the edema. I am desperately hoping it is gone, and that this was just an infection of some sort. The doctor in Cleveland said that there is a small chance that that could be true, so I am fixated on that right now, as it is a much lovelier option than the glioma (brain tumor). lol
- While in Cleveland we took the girls to Lake Erie and collected some beautiful sea glass on the shore that we are going to use to make a small frame. The girls are being so awesome about all of this. They sat in the lobby for 3 hours by themselves during some of my consultations just playing and chatting it up with the staff.
- One of the top comments/questions I am asked is regarding my hair, and what will happen to it due to the craniotomy. Well, the good news is that they just make a very small incision across the top of my head and flip the skull bone back to do the surgery. There will be barely any hair loss. (yay!)
- Please add my precious mother-in-law, Linda, to your prayers as well. Last week, we learned that she has breast cancer. I will be updating how she is doing on here as well. At this point, they are just holding tight, as their appoinments don't start until next week, Thursday. I will post her updates here as well.
- Thanks once again for all of the prayers and support. The prayers sustain me in a very tangible way. Throughout my life, as trials have come and go, I have always felt God walking by my side as I tackled the problem at hand. But, this time, there is not much I can do of my own strength to change these events, and I do feel God carrying us through it.
- "The peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philipians 4:7
- Love and hugs to you all from all of us!